Terms & Conditions
The following Terms & Conditions apply to all work carried out by IG Design. Last updated 30/09/2019
- Paid work on design (and build in the case of a website) will commence once a brief has been agreed clarifying the extent of the service to be provided along with a quoted price, if work beyond that listed in the brief is requested, the client will be informed of the additional costs this will incur before that additional work is commenced.
- Copyright of any design work provided by IG Design, including all elements used, remain the intellectual and digital property of IG Design until the finished project is signed off and full payment has been made.
- If more than one design solution is proposed, solutions not chosen by the client will remain the permanent copyright of IG Design.
- Unless expressly declined by the client, IG Design retains the right to display completed design work as examples of work for marketing purposes.
- Supplied content
- It is the responsibility of the Client that all materials (including, but not limited to images, diagrams, logos, videos, data, as well as intellectual property in other media) supplied to IG Design by the client will have the relevant copyrights, licenses and permissions for use in the commissioned project. IG Design will not accept responsibility/liability for infringements caused by any wrongly supplied materials.
- Unless agreed otherwise invoicing occurs at the end of each month, for any work carried out in that month, or at completion of the project should that occur before the end of the month. Payment terms are 30 days from date of each invoice.
- In the case of physical print procured by IG Design it may be necessary to invoice for immediate payment before the print work is sent - most commercial printers require payment in advance.
- Cancellation and/or delay
- IG Design reserves the right to invoice for any disbursements for part works carried out including third party costs incurred on a project should the project be unable to be completed for any reason or has been delayed/put on hold by the Client for a period of 4 weeks or more, then stage invoicing will occur.
- Errors & omissions
- It is the client’s responsibility to check the content - both spelling and visual - prior to going to print (in the case of physical print) or sending live (in the case of a website), whether that content is supplied by the client, or IG Design. Every effort will be made to aid the client in this process, but the responsibility remains the client’s.
- The services provided will be considered complete once the items listed in the initial brief have been completed, unless an updated brief has been agreed during the project. After completion any amendments and updates will be provided at an hourly rate of £40/hr unless a separate quote is given for the new work.
- Web Hosting Services
- Should the client choose to move their website to another host they will be supplied any digital files, including images, software and databases in a timely manner for the cost of the time required to make the transfer, charged at an hourly rate (currently £40/hr). The client’s new hosting service may alternatively be able to entirely handle this transfer with login details provided by IG Design - these will only be given provided that to do so would not endanger the security of IG Design’s server.
- The operability and security of website hosting services against downtime and data breach will be maintained with reasonable care and skill and in accordance with generally recognised commercial practices and standards.
- No absolute guarantee against technical issues of any sort, viruses or data breech can be given, and no liability is accepted for such. In the event of a problem every effort will be made to rectify it as soon as possible. In the event of a data breach you will be notified of the nature and extent immediately and your site will be taken offline until the breach is closed.
Placing of an order will be considered to be acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.